Secure the financial well-
being of your employees
Funeral and life cover for
employees and dependants
Peace of mind for your
employees and your business
Affordable, reliable solutions
Tailored cover for you
Family Assistance Benefits
Repatriation – Have your deceased loved one returned home for burial.
Funeral assistance – Support with managing funeral arrangements for the deceased.
Legal advice – Admitted attorneys are available to offer legal advice.
Bereavement counselling – Face-to-face counselling services is also available.
In the event of a trauma, such as rape and accidents, this benefit offers trauma and assault counselling and HIV protection, as well as emergency medical services.
Assistance with completion of claims forms and claim procedures.
have a minimum of 5 or more employees. These employees must be:
Between the age of 18 and 65
Permanently employed or on long term contracts
Employed in South Africa
Working 20+ hours a week
The claim process
Submit a claim
Paid with 48 hours
Notify us within 6 months
Everything you need to know…
All long-term insurance products are underwritten by Vodacom Life Assurance Company Limited.
Claim notification must be received within 6 months of death and claim documentation must be submitted within 12 months of death. All valid claims will be paid out within 48 hours of Vodacom Life Assurance receiving all the claim information.
This benefit provides important support to you and your immediate family including your spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law. When you or a member of your family dies, we assist with:
- Repatriation – to ensure the deceased is safely returned home for burial.
- Funeral assistance – to help with funeral arrangements for the deceased.
- Legal advice – in the form of legal assistance provided by admitted attorneys.
- Bereavement counselling – in the form of face-to-face counselling services for support and advice.
- In the event of a trauma, such as rape and accidents, this benefit offers trauma and assault counselling and HIV protection, as well as emergency medical services.
- The Family Assistance Benefit also assists with the completion of claims forms and claim procedures.
Yes, the following exclusions apply to the Group Scheme Benefits:
- Participation in any terrorist activity, riot, civil unrest or war
- Radioactive or nuclear explosion
- Suicide or self-harm within two years of starting the cover
- Refusal of medical treatment
- Pre-existing conditions for disability benefits
- Permanently employed or on long term contracts above 6 months
- Employed in South Africa
There is no waiting period for compulsory schemes, where the full employee base is covered. For voluntary schemes, only accidental death claims are covered for the first six months after taking out the policy.