Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions apply to all Contract, Top Up, uChoose and Prepaid price plans and deals.
Visit vodacom.co.za for full terms and conditions or ask in store for a copy.
ALL PRICE PLANS AND DEALS
Deals are valid from 7 March - 2 April 2018, while stocks last. E&OE (Errors and Omissions Excluded). All prices shown include VAT, unless otherwise stated. Standard RICA rules and processes apply. Vodacom reserves the right to alter or withdraw the deals advertised without notice. Handset options are dependent on the deal selected. OBF (out-of-box-failure replacement) will apply as per existing OBF rules. Promotions or offers advertised in this booklet are subject to change at the discretion of Vodacom and subject to their own terms and conditions The Vodacom SIM may only be used for the purpose intended, use outside of what is considered reasonable for private, non-commercial use and in instances through mechanisms and means not intended for personal use or the anticipated purpose of the offer will be considered as abuse. Data usage, bundles and price plans apply to standard consumer APNs unless otherwise stated. New or upgrading contract, Top Up and uChoose customers will be subject to credit vetting prior to approval. All post-paid deals are subject to signing a 24-month Vodacom Contract and a once-off SIM and Connection fee of R202, unless otherwise stated. International calling and roaming usage is excluded from all-inclusive benefits, unless otherwise stated. Downward migrations and cancellations may attract penalty fees. All monthly allocations included as part of your price plan cannot be transferred.
SHAKE EVERY DAY
The Shake Every Day promotion will run from 1 November 2017 to 30 March 2018. Participation in this promotion is via the My Vodacom App and also by dialling *111*33#. Every customer will get a guaranteed daily reward. By redeeming rewards you stand a chance to receive more rewards. There are time limits to redeem rewards, which will be communicated in the steps to redeem. The competition is open to all Prepaid, Hybrid and Contract customers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE
SAMSUNG S9 &S9+ VOUCHER CAMPAIGN
Please read these Promotional Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully. Participation in this Promotion will constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in this Promotion. Please refer to this website for the current Terms and Conditions for this Promotion: www.samsung.com/za/offer
All participants during the Promotion Period agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
SAMSUNG S9 or S9+ VOUCHER CAMPAIGN (“Promotion”). The promoter of the Promotion is Samsung Electronics South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, Registration number: 1994/003872/07 and/or its agencies ("Organizer").
- Promotion Periods /Timelines:
- The Promotion will run from 26 February 2018 (00h00) until 31 May 2018 (23h59) or while stocks last.
- The Promotion Period may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the Organizer.
- Who may enter:
- All participants must :
- be citizens of the Republic of South Africa and/or a legal residents of the aforesaid country;
- must be currently residing in the Republic of South Africa at the date of the commencement of the Promotion Period; and
- must be a natural person and be at least 18 (eighteen) years old at the date of the commencement of the Promotion Period.
- Participation in this Promotion excludes the Organizer, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by them or any supplier of goods and services in connection with the Promotion and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates
- All participants must :
- How to qualify for the Promotion:
- The participant must:
- Pre-Order a S9 or S9+ Smartphone at any Vodacom participating Retail Outlet or Online channel from 26 February 2018 (00h00) to 2 April 2018 (23h59) to receive a R500 Samsung original accessories voucher; or
- Purchase and activate your S9+ device in store between 3 April 2018 (00h00) and 31 May 2018 (23h59) to qualify for a R300 Samsung original accessories voucher; or
- Purchase and activate your S9 device in store between 3 April 2018 (00h00) and 31 May (23h59) to qualify for a R275 Samsung original accessories voucher.
- Can I qualify for more than one offer:
- Participants will receive one voucher per device purchased; multiple Samsung original accessories can be purchased however the voucher is only applicable to the qualifying Samsung original accessories.
- Should there be any dispute in this regard, the Organizer shall be sole adjudicator of the dispute and the Organizer’s decision shall be final.
- The Promotion will afford the participant the opportunity to receive a voucher as detailed below attached to the specific devices over the promotion period (“the Offer”):
- R500 voucher for all S9 and S9+ devices pre ordered between 26 February 2018 (00h00) and 2 April 2018 (23h59); or
- R300 voucher for S9+ devices purchased and activated in store between 3 April 2018 (00h00) and 31 May 2018 (23h59)– , or
- R275 voucher for all S9 devices purchased and activated in store between 3 April 2018 (00h00) and 31 May 2018 (23h59).
- The Offer is only applicable to the below Qualifying Samsung Original Accessories Only;
- S9 and S9 Plus Covers / Case Range
- Fast Charging Premium PG 950 Battery Pack
- Wireless Convertible Chargers- Black/Brown
- Dex Station
- Complete range of Adaptors and Wall Chargers, Type C etc.
- The Offer is not applicable to Samsung Wearables i.e. (Gear S3, Gear Sport, Gear FIT/FIT2 Pro, Gear VR, Gear ICON X and Gear 360 Camera)
- The Offer cannot be used against a discount off the handset device, on contract or prepaid
- Consumer has the prerogative to use the qualifying voucher in any participating Telco store if the store where the device was purchased has no stock of the qualifying Samsung Original Product, hence sale will be lost and gained by another store.
- The Offer cannot be used against any other Samsung Original Accessories besides the above mentioned accessories.
- The Offer cannot be used for any Samsung S9, S9+ Generic or Non Original Samsung Accessories.
- The Offer can only be redeemable at the participating Network Operator, Retail or Online stores
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Samsung Original Accessories Voucher Campaign., All Samsung Original Vouchers campaigns are treated individually and based on the specific handset/device mentioned.
- This offer is only applicable to the S9/S9+ device/s
- The Offer cannot be used to discount any other Samsung Original Accessory not mentioned above.
- The Offer does not accrue interest.
- If the Voucher value is insufficient for the a specific Samsung Original S9, S9+ Accessory , the participant will be required to pay in the difference;
- The Offer is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the Offer is permitted.
- The Organizer will not be responsible for any costs associated with the redemption process.
- The vouchers will expire on 19 October 2020.
- Limitation of Liability:
- To the extent permitted by Consumer Protection Act No 68 of 2008 and any other applicable law:
- The participant hereby indemnifies the Organizer against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of the originating caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, the participants indemnifies the Organizers for all and any losses whatsoever and howsoever arising including all losses incurred as a result of usage of 3rd party applications by virtue of participating in the Promotion.
- the Organizer excludes all warranties (express or implied), representations and liabilities regarding this Promotion (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence and/or fraud).
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the Offer, should they deem necessary, to an item of similar economic value.
- In accordance with the confidentiality policies and practices of the Organizer, none of the entry details of any participant in this Promotion will be disclosed or used by the Organizer for any purposes other than for entry into the Promotion except where permitted by the Terms and Conditions of the Samsung Rewards Application within which the Promotion takes place.
- Details of participants will not be used by the Organizer for Samsung related communication should the participants opt-out to receive further communication from the Organizer.
- Information regarding the Promotion that is published on authorized advertising material will also form part of the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion.
- The Organizer may in its sole discretion amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Terms and Conditions on the Organizer’s website www.samsung.com/za/offer. The onus rests on the participant to constantly check the website for updates to the Terms and Conditions.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the Organizer reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
- Save as permitted by Law, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, suspension or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on the Organizer’s web. No liability shall lie against the Organizer in favor of any participant, and/ or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore the participant waives his/her right which they may have against the Organizer and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Organizer.
- This Promotion is governed by these Terms and Conditions, as well as those of the relevant authorized participating stores, associated with this Promotion.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- The Organizer accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by any circumstance not foreseeable and not within its reasonable control for late or delayed delivery of the Promotion owing to, but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lock out, destruction of Voucher on route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, threat of war, any action taken by governmental authority or public authority of any kind, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earth quake or other acts of God.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
- It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
- It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
All SIM cards must be registered in terms of Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act, 2002 (Act 70 of 2002) (RICA) before activation. You are required to present the following documentation: (i) Your ID book or passport; (ii) proof of residence (not older than three months), e.g., municipal rates and taxes invoice, telephone or cellphone account or any other utility bill or retail account. If you live in an informal settlement, provide a letter from the local school, church or retail store where you currently receive your post.
Subject to RICA and in-store activation of a Prepaid Starter Pack. Dial *111# and select ‘Balances’ to check your balance. Dial *111# and select ‘Talking Points’ to exchange your Talking Points for great rewards. To earn Talking Points just recharge and you’ll earn one point for every R10 recharged. Talking points can be redeemed for call discounts, Data, SMSs, MMS rewards (and selected devices, if you are registered for Talking Points and have accumulated sufficient points). Points are accumulated for 18 months. You need to exchange them during this time or they will be forfeited. Your Talking Points are retained even if you move from one Prepaid price plan to another. You will forfeit all accumulated points when converting to a Contract or Top Up price plan.
Customers will be charged for the volume of Data sent and received, not the time spent connected, unless otherwise stipulated. Transfer speed is not guaranteed and is dependent on network availability and device capability. A compatible device is required to use the LTE, 3G and HSDPA services. Prepaid, Top Up and uChoose customers should ensure that the balance in their Airtime account is sufficient for any downloads or other activity. Customers will not be refunded if they attempt to download any items and they run out of funds during this download, causing the session to be terminated. Data Bundles: All Once-off Data bundles will have a validity up until 23:59 of the 30th day from and including the day of purchase. Monthly recurring Data bundles (unless otherwise specified) are available for use for up to 60 days, or until the end of the next calendar month. Once customers have used up their Data bundles, or they have expired, the out-of-bundle rate per MB will be applied respective of their price plan. See your applicable price plans terms and conditions for your out of bundle rate per MB. Data bundles only apply to national Data usage; no roaming Data usage will be deducted from available Data bundles. Night Owl Data: Night Owl Data bundles available only from midnight to 05h00, and only available for Contract customers. Only applicable to usage on SA network and excludes roaming services.Data sharing SIMs (DSS): A once-off SIM and connection fee is charged for each Data-sharing SIM (DSS), as well as a monthly subscription fee for the service. Customers on Vodacom’s Red/Red+ Price Plans are not charged these fees for the first two Data-sharing SIMs while they remain on a Red/Red+ Plan. Data will be consumed using the LIFO (Last-In-First-Out) principle. The last bundle purchased or activated will be the first bundle consumed. All other available bundles will then be consumed in chronological order. Monthly recurring Data bundles on Contract uChoose or Top Up will be pro-rated (Data allocation and cost) in the month of purchase and the full allocation will only take place on the first of the next calendar month. Monthly recurring Data bundles on Prepaid will have the full allocation (Data and cost) applied on the day of purchase and recurring allocations will take place every 30 days from and including the date of purchase. Once-off bundles will have the full Data allocation and associated cost applied at the time of purchase. Wi-Fi bundles can only be used in an AlwaysOn or G-Connect Wi-Fi hotspot. Customers will need a Wi-Fi capable device as well as a Vodacom single sign-on username and password in order to connect. This can be obtained by registering on http://www.vodacom.co.za Wi-Fi bundles can also be used on certain Mango national flights; bundles must be purchased before boarding the plane.
SMS/MMS is charged for in accordance with the customer’s prevailing price plan. SMS/MMS bundles are available for use for 30 days from date of purchase/allocation, and may be used only for sending SMS and MMS messages to any SA network. International destinations, roaming SMS/MMS services, premium services (SA and international) will be charged for according to the prevailing out-of-bundle rate for SMS/MMS on the customer’s current price plan. SMS messages consist of 160 characters each, any characters in excess will be seen as a new message and billed/deducted accordingly.
RED+ PRICE PLANS
Red plans have calls billed per second. Unlimited and Anytime Minutes are available for calls to SA networks, anytime and may not be used for calls to international destinations, premium rated IVR services, and premium rated DICONs, roaming call services, short codes, video IVR, Travel Talk service, conference calling or VOIP calls. Anytime Minutes and Data (MB) included in the Red Price Plans will be available for use for a maximum of one month after the month they were allocated. Unlimited SMSs may not be used for SMSs to international destinations, premium rated services, short codes or roaming SMSs. Out-of-bundle rates applicable to the Price Plan will be applied once customer has used the bundle (Minutes/ SMSs /Data, where applicable) included in the price plan. Additional SIMs will be data Only SIMs. No telephony or video telephony will be active on these SIMs. The unlimited voice and SMSs offer on selected Red price plan(s) may not be used for commercial purposes and are subject to a Fair Usage Policy. Any use of this offer outside of what is considered reasonable for private, non-commercial use and in instances through mechanisms and means not intended for personal use or the anticipated purpose of the offer will be considered as abuse. Any Contract signed up on a Red+ price plan during the promotional period, will run for the duration of the Contract, however no new sign-ups will be allowed at the time that the promotion ends.
Smart Price Plans
Smart Plans have calls billed per second (excluding Smart Light). Anytime Minutes are available for calls to any SA network, anytime. Anytime Minutes may not be used for calls to international numbers, premium rated IVR services, short codes, and calls while roaming. These will be charged at the applicable rates prevailing on the Price Plan. SMSs included in the price plan may only be used for SMSs to SA networks. Other SMSs will be charged at rates applicable to the customers’ price plan. Out-of-bundle rates applicable to the price plan will be applied once customer has used the bundle (Minutes/SMSs/Data, where applicable) included in the price plan. Anytime Minutes/SMSs/Data (MB) included in the price plan will be available for use for a maximum of one month after the month they were allocated.
uCHOOSE FLEXI and SMART TOP UP+ PRICE PLANS
uChoose Flexi and Smart Top Up+ plans have calls billed per second. Anytime Minutes are available for calls to any SA network, anytime. Anytime Minutes may not be used for calls to international numbers, premium rated IVR services, short codes, and calls while roaming. These will be charged at the applicable rates prevailing on the Price Plan. SMSs included in the price plan may only be used for SMSs to SA networks. Other SMSs will be charged at rates applicable to the customers’ price plan. Out-of-bundle rates applicable to the price plan will be applied once customer has used the bundle (Minutes/SMSs/Data, where applicable) included in the price plan. Anytime Minutes/SMSs/Data (MB) included in a uChoose Smart price plan will be available for use for a maximum of one month after the month they were allocated. Monthly Airtime allocation on the uChoose Flexi packages cannot be used for the purchase of premium rated content and VAS services. Airtime allocated as part of uChoose Flexi Plans will carry over up to a maximum of five months╒ allocation. uChoose customers have access to certain VAS offers and services, which Vodacom reserves the right to discontinue.
SIM Only plans have calls billed per second. Anytime Minutes are available for calls to any SA network, anytime. Anytime Minutes may not be used for calls to international numbers, premium rated IVR services, short codes, and calls while roaming. These will be charged at the applicable rates prevailing on the price plan. SMSs included in the price plan may only be used for SMSs to SA networks. Other SMSs will be charged at rates applicable to the customer’s price plan. Out-of-bundle rates applicable to the price plan will be applied once customer has used the bundle (Minutes/SMSs/Data, where applicable) included in the price plan. Customers will forfeit any Minutes, SMSs or Data not used in the month of allocation. BlackBerry
Exclusively available to under 25-year olds registered for NXT LVL. Dial *128# to register. Calls billed per second. Anytime Minutes available for calls to any SA network. Anytime Minutes may not be used for calls to international numbers, premium rated IVR services, short codes, and calls while roaming. These will be charged at the applicable rates prevailing on the Price Plan.
50 Free SMSs included in price plan may only be used for SMSs to SA networks. Other SMSs will be charged at rates applicable to customers tariff plan. Out-of-bundle rates will be applied once customer has used their bundles (Minute/SMSs/Data, where applicable).
BlackBerry® 10 BBM™ VAS Usage
Exclusively for use with newer BlackBerry. Operating System 10 (OS10) devices and it is not compatible with any other handset. The onus is on the customer to ensure that his/her handset supports the service before buying it. On-device usage constitutes access across the Internet APN. Data usage is billedaccording to your price plan or bundle used. It includes a 200MB allowance for BBM™ text messaging and BBM™ file transfer only. The allowance excludes any non-BBM™services such as browsing, media streaming and application traffic. The file transfer limit for BBM™ is 6MB except for voice notes, which are 96KB for single chat and 55KB for multi-person chat. If you exceed the 200MB allowance, you will be billed according to your price plan or bundle used.
Claim your one year of Office 365 Personal worth up to R1299 when purchasing a Vodacom Smart platinum 7, Vodacom Smart prime 7, Vodacom Smart ultra 7 Smartphone and Vodacom Smart Tab 2 3G. Office 365 features 60 Free Skype minutes, 1TB cloud storage per user, one licence for three devices (one PC, one Tablet and Mobile). Ask in store for details.
Please note that additional insurance terms and condition apply to all Vodacom device deals containing insurance products. Visit www.vodacom.co.za/insurance for full insurance terms and conditions or contact 082 1952 should you have any insurance related queries. Some important points to note: *In order for your insurance policy to remain active your Vodacom Contract subscription must always be up to date. *Contract Cover - only individuals between the ages of 18 and 63 (next birthday) qualify for Vodacom Contract Cover. Vodacom Device Insurance is underwritten by Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited and administered by Cellsure (Pty) LTD, an authorised financial services provider
Terms and conditions apply to all Contract deals. Vodacom Contract subscription must be up to date. Only one claim may be made during the 12-month period. The Screen Insurance will end automatically after the first 12 months of the Contract regardless of any claims having been made or not. The maximum cover amount of Vodacom Screen Insurance is R2500. Visit vodacom.co.za for full terms and conditions or contact 082 1952. Vodacom Screen Insurance is underwritten by Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited and administered by Cellsure (Pty) LTD, an authorised financial services provider.
All devices remain the property of Vodacom until full and final settlement has been received by Vodacom. Should you wish to cancel this agreement prior to final settlement, the amounts paid by you and received by Vodacom will be refunded upon submission of positive identification. Upon receipt of final settlement, you may collect the device(s) from the store and provide valid identity documents (ID card or passport only). Proof of residence is needed for RICA if you purchase a SIM card and it is activated.
Visit vodacom4u.co.za for full terms and conditions.
The Vodacom Cover for You and Your Family Product is only eligible for SA citizens between the ages of
18-60 years. This product is underwritten by Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Limited and administered by Frank Financial Services (Pty) Ltd, an authorised financial services provider. Terms and conditions apply.